cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buzzen
Helper II
Helper II

Line break in Gallery

Hi, I've a PowerApp where the user needs to enter several numbers into one field... For each number one line:

buzzen_0-1647002871931.png

Now when I display all items in a gallery, these numbers are shown as this:

buzzen_2-1647002984304.png

Is there a possibility to display them with line breaks?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
fuzzy_fuzz
Super User
Super User

Hi, check if u are restricting the Label.Height to a specific number. Make it taller, because that might be the reason why thay don't show separated.

buzzen
Helper II
Helper II

Hi, thanks for your reply... It's a gallery, no label... There is nothing like row.height or item.height... also not within the column itself...

fuzzy_fuzz
Super User
Super User

But don't you need a label control inside the gallery to display the numbers? Can you share what's inside your gallery on the "Tree view"?

buzzen
Helper II
Helper II

Ou sorry... noticed that it's a Data Table not even a gallery... sorry for the mixup...

fuzzy_fuzz
Super User
Super User

Ok, that makes sense now. I've never used the Table control. If nobody else answers your question I would try making a custom gallery and your problem having in mind what I said on the beginning and should be much easier to solve.

Have a nice one.

iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

Hi @buzzen,

@fuzzy_fuzz is correct in that you can't show multi-line text in a data table column, as it is a limitation of the datatable control.

I agree with @fuzzy_fuzz that you should instead put them inside a Vertical gallery, with multiple controls in the gallery that each reference one of the columns you are trying to display.

Could you give that a try and come back to us - then either myself or one of the other community members like @fuzzy_fuzz can help you further 😀

Cheers,

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

v-yujincui-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @buzzen ,

Maybe you could consider using a separator to make the entered numbers easier to display.

In addition, you could use the Split() function to get these numbers.

vyujincuimsft_0-1647247215502.png

Best Regards,

Charlie Choi

buzzen
Helper II
Helper II

Unfortunatly I don't get it to work as you described it... I don't load the items with a button... Not quite sure how I should apply that to my table... And I already tried to use the replace or substitute function...

But no "linebreak" character is working....

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,496)