cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Link from DataCard to DetailedScreen

Hallo Everyone, 

we created a sharepointlist for with Detailed Information about our Customers. We linked the DataSource to a DisplayForm and now were able to view the Data on different DataCards.

We now want to have the possibility to click on one DataCard and see detailed Information about the Customer. 

How can I link from a DataCard to a DetailScreen (Display Form) so that I get all information about the customer on the DetailScreen? 

Best Greetings 

Frederik R

7 REPLIES 7
Super User III
Super User III

@FrederikR 

Here's a very quick description of how to accomplish your goal.

Step #1  Create a screen called CustomersList.  Insert a gallery  with your SharePoint list as the datasource.

Step #2  Create another screen called CustomerDetail.  Insert a Display Form with your SharePoint list as the datasource.

Step #3  Change the Item property of your Display Form to the following code

Gallery1.Selected

Step #4  Go to your CustomerList screen and change the OnSelect property of the Gallery to this code

Navigate(CustomerDetail,None)

Step #5 Test the result by clicking on a customer in the Gallery to display their details.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Linking from a Gallery to a DetailScreen works like a charm. What doesn't work is linking from a Display Form to a DetailScreen.

Here is a Screenshot, I hope it provides all information you need (please apologize the blur, we needed to hide personal data2019-11-14_14h58_55.png

@FrederikR 

Put the following code within the OnSelect property of your DataCardValue22

Set(selectedCustomer,DataCardValue22.Text);
Navigate(Screen2,None);

Then put this code in the Item property of your customer form.  Change your_datasource_name to the SP list name.

LookUp(your_datasource_name,Kunde=selectedCustomer)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Thanks for your addition! We already achieved linking from a gallery to a DetailForm. Now we want to link from specific informations inside the detail form to additional information regarding this specific item.

• CustomerList (Lists all Customers)
    • DetailScreen (Lists all information about a specific customer including different projects, employees etc.)
      • DetailScreen2 (Lists all information about a specific project)
      • DetailScreen3 (Lists all information about a specific employee)

@FrederikR 

Did you see my previous post?  Your post was 15s after it.

Yes, thanks a lot! We tried and tried again, but it doesn't work.

What does work:

If we take a "Text Input" field + a Button, and put the following code within the OnSelect property of the Button

Set(selectedCustomer,TextInputField.Text);
Navigate(Screen2,None);

+ this code in the Item property of the customerDetail form. 

LookUp(your_datasource_name,Kunde=selectedCustomer)

So, the solution itself works. 

What does not work is putting ANY "Navigate" Code to an "OnSelect" Property of a DataCard.

What doesn't work either is taking a label and putting "DataCard22Value.Text" in the "Text" Property.  Any Ideas?

@FrederikR 

Looking closer it appears DataCard22Value (your customer) is a ComboBox and not a text input.  You would have to put something like this in a label instead.

DataCard22Value.Selected.Kunde

or

DataCard22Value.Selected.your_field_name

Navigate works for me.  Not sure why it will not for you.  Maybe show a screenshot of this error.

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,604)