Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Concrete
Helper I
Helper I

Link from a gallery to a certain edit form

Hi,

I have a gallery where I display entries from 4 different sharepoint lists. After edit button is pressed, I want to be sent to a right edit form, because all sharepoint lists have different columns. What could be the solution here?

Maybe I don't need to create 4 screens with different edit forms in order to edit entries? Maybe there can be one edit form in the screen that somehow filters itself based on the selection in a gallery?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @Concrete , having the four forms is an effective way to go as forms cannot be created dynamically. You can hide/show the forms based on the selection in the gallery or a new screen for each, in the bigger scheme of things the experience won't be that much of a difference.

When the user clicks the gallery have them directed to the right for or show/hide forms as needed.

What does the gallery look like where the user selects? 

Hope this helps

Hi @rubin_boer ,

Thanks for the answer. Gallery is simply vertical and in Items I linked it to the Collection1. Collection is created during Onstart of the application, where I collected simply all 4 sharepoint lists. 

rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

ok @Concrete assume this is the collection

navigateto is the numeric column

the icon OnSelect = If(ThisItem.navigateto < 2, Navigate(Screen1),Navigate(Screen2))

rubin_boer_0-1616061656602.png

You will have a switch ffunction to evaluate the selected value and direct the user to that screen. will thi swork for you?

Hi @rubin_boer ,

your solution worked well, thank you. How do I save changes in a sharepoint list? Because now it just creates a new entry.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,620)