cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MalyMajo
Helper I
Helper I

Link to item in SharePoint list attachment from one list available in another list

Hello all,

I am creating an app for resource demand management and I am struggling with making the attachment of one list visible in another one.

There are 3 SharePoint lists involved - Resource roster, Demand list and Interview list.

• The Resource roster is managed by the manager of the team. He updates the resources which are available and uploads the CVs as attachments to this list for each resource. There is always one line per resource.
  • When there is a demand for some resources, manager creates the demand request. This demand request contains only a name of demand (unique value) and a counterpart name. Counterpart is a contact person, who is requesting some resources.
  • Afterwards, he selects the resources, which are proposed to the counterpart -> Interview records are created for each resource of this project in the Interview list.
    The counterpart then can take a look at the CVs of the proposed resources and can decide for each resource whether he wants him/her on the project or not.

Is it possible to have the attachments from the resource list available in the Interviews list? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have managed to solve it. 🙂 

Sharing the code below, hope it will help someone as well.

Launch(First(LookUp(Roster,Resource.Email = ThisItem.Resource.Email).'{Attachments}').AbsoluteUri)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
uwenagel
Resolver II
Resolver II

The question is, how you want to add the CV to the interview list, if not again as an attachment to each record.

This leads to the next question why you want to have the CVs added to the interview list at all. You could always show it using a Lookup to the resource list.

If the CV is attached in the Roster gallery, I want the user to be able to download the CV when reviewing the Filtered demand in Interviews gallery.

I have added a button to the Interviews gallery with function on OnSelect

LookUp(Roster,Resource.Email = ThisItem.Resource.Email).Attachments

but I get an error, that the formula uses scope, which is not presently supported for evaluation.

I have managed to solve it. 🙂 

Sharing the code below, hope it will help someone as well.

Launch(First(LookUp(Roster,Resource.Email = ThisItem.Resource.Email).'{Attachments}').AbsoluteUri)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,775)