cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RhysD
Frequent Visitor

Linking Date Picker to a SharePoint List

Hi all.

Hope all's well. I'm working on a little project at the moment that revolves around a SharePoint List in Calendar View. It's being used to request hot desks in a company and is pretty straightforward. 

The process is straight forward - go onto the calendar, select the date, select New and then interact with the app to choose and confirm the right times.

The default date is currently set to the current date using: "DefaultDate = Now()  / Default = Today()" of course, this automatically sets the date pickers to the day you're currently on, where as it would be preferable to set the datepicker to whatever date is highlighted in the SharePoint list. 

Hopefully the image below loads and helps illustrate the point

RhysD_0-1615551052510.png

As of writing this it's the 12th of March, but I have the 19th Highlighted in the List. When I select New the PowerApp opens with the default values set to the 12th of March, where as I want to set it to the 19th of March.

Any ideas on how this can be achieved?

All the best & stay safe 🙂

Rhys. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mahoneypat
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Please see this video at about the 9:30 minute mark.  There is lots of other good info there too that you may be interested in for this application.

PowerApps Calendar View from SP List - YouTube

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about the Power Platform, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mahoneypat
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Please see this video at about the 9:30 minute mark.  There is lots of other good info there too that you may be interested in for this application.

PowerApps Calendar View from SP List - YouTube

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about the Power Platform, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,732)