cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JosefBod
Frequent Visitor

Linking Powerapps helpdesk template

Hi im struggling to connect the helpdesk template to sharepoint, I cant seem to find any up to date information on how to do this, any help would be much appreciated 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@JosefBod 

DO you mean the service desk template below?

Mira_Ghaly_0-1620813214253.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

No sorry its the template shown in the screenshot

Thanks

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@JosefBod 

1. You will need to generate the structure in sharepoint , use the same structure as identified by the collections

Mira_Ghaly_0-1620822546928.png

Mira_Ghaly_1-1620822613945.png

2. Then On Data sources-> Choose to add new connection and select sharepoint-> choose site and your tables

Mira_Ghaly_2-1620822705930.png

3. Then you need to go on screen by screen and change the binding of the Gallery Items and Labels properties to connect to the sharepoint list.

Mira_Ghaly_3-1620823171384.png

Hope this gives you an idea on how you can change this!

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here
JosefBod
Frequent Visitor

One of the problems im having is things such as ID cant be named in sharepoint? would i have to name them for something else then rename it in powerapps?

JosefBod
Frequent Visitor

For example do I have to create a List for each of these collections with the structure the same? 

The tutorial i was following https://youtu.be/z4cdtD6hB_4 only shows linking one 

Thanks Josef

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,124)