cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GGBB
Frequent Visitor

Linking a custom field (image/Date Picker) from the Editscreen to the Detailscreen

Hello, I'm doing an App with different items from an excel sheet,
when you select an item and go to his Editscreen, you can add a few infos (Text input and a drop-down list)

I created custom fields to select the date using a Date Picker and to take a pic (this part is ok)
->but I want them to appear in the Detailscreen were they would only be displayed.

How can I link those 2 infos to the other screen ?

I failed to create custom fields in Detailscreen linked to those in Editscreen, any help ?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Linking a custom field (image/Date Picker) from the Editscreen to the Detailscreen

Hi @GGBB 

Can you share more details? What do you mean by the custom fields? Will the data captured in these controls on the details page will be saved to SP list?
If you create some data in the app for some record and not saving it, the data will only remain for the current session and will be removed if you login again.

Please share more details about the logical implementation, maybe through some screenshot or snippet, so that we might be able to help you better.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

GGBB
Frequent Visitor

Re: Linking a custom field (image/Date Picker) from the Editscreen to the Detailscreen

Hi,

Thanks for the help

Here's how my app looks like. I want the second screen to display what's on the third

On the third screen (edit) I unlocked the default Photos and date fields to remplace the control texts with a the camera option.

I want the user to be able to take a pic in the third screen that will be displayed in the second screen and it would be specific to the selected item (here: "Acil")

The part I can't figure is how to display in the second screen the pic

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @GGBB 

For the items to get displayed from screen3 in screen2, you first need to save the changes from screen3 and point to the correct fields in the form.

Edit Screen -> You need to change the expression in the "Update" property to point to the newly added controls:

Date DataCard -> Update -> Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate,"dd/mm/yyyy")

Picture DataCard -> Update -> Text(Camera1.Photo)

View Screen -> Change the Picture data card to show a image control. In the "Image" property use the expression: ThisItem.Picture

Note: Make sure that you are adding the custom controls inside the datacards only. If the datacard is locked for editing, first you need to unlock it and then add the controls.
Steps to Unlock -> Select DataCard -> Right Menu -> Advanced -> Select to Unlock the properties.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

GGBB
Frequent Visitor

@yashag2255 

Thanks, unfortunately I couldn't make it work.

As it was only a nice feature, I won't spend more time on it

But I really apreciate your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,764)