Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris_King
Helper I
Helper I

Linking two MS Lists together

Hi all,

I hope you can help and advise me on the following, I have basic knowledge and understanding of the Power Platform. 

I have created a PowerApp for use within our training department, which is used to check delegate details at the start of a course, take an ID photo, book a hotel and is used to record attendance throughout the course which is connected to a Microsoft List.  This app works very well and updates any changes to the data source.

I am trying to work out how to connect two Microsoft Lists.  We have a recruitment tracker used to onboard delegates onto courses where the required data is transferred/moved via Power Automate to a Training Tracker used in my App as mentioned above. I would like to create a field within my existing app called 'Started' which will then in turn mark the delegate as started on the recruitment tracker, so the recruitment team know that the delegates have turned up for there training.

How do I achieve this?

My two MS Lists are not connected in any way other than a Power Automate which transfers the required data from the recruitment tracker to the Training Tracker.

Any help or advice on this would be greatly received, as my web searches have been fruitless.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Scott_Parker
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Assuming you have a common ID for the delegate on each list, use the Filter() or LookUp() function to get records from your other list.

If you're using a Form control, add a custom card to put your "started" field in. Add a control to the custom card that uses LookUp() to get a value from the other list. Apply whatever conditional logic is needed to determine if the user has started the training.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Scott_Parker
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Assuming you have a common ID for the delegate on each list, use the Filter() or LookUp() function to get records from your other list.

If you're using a Form control, add a custom card to put your "started" field in. Add a control to the custom card that uses LookUp() to get a value from the other list. Apply whatever conditional logic is needed to determine if the user has started the training.

Chris_King
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @Scott_Parker ,

Thank you for your reply, I'll need to read up on the LookUp function to make this work.

Cheers,

Chris.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,468)