cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IMAX99
Helper I
Helper I

Links within Rich Text control not working

I have a new new app I'm working on. Within the app I have a form with a couple of rich text controls. Everything seems fine however the hyperlinks do not work (links to SP or external sites). I can see the url displayed in a pop up /tool tip but clicking on the link does nothing. I have tested it using IE and Edge, both with the same result.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @IMAX99 ,

Yes you are correct - the below has HTML and Rich Text boxes with exactly the same content

"Google is found <a href='https://www.google.com'>here</a>"

The HTML works fine, the Rich Text as you have discovered shows a hyperlink but does not work - You might try the HTML

RichTextLinks.png

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @IMAX99 ,

Yes you are correct - the below has HTML and Rich Text boxes with exactly the same content

"Google is found <a href='https://www.google.com'>here</a>"

The HTML works fine, the Rich Text as you have discovered shows a hyperlink but does not work - You might try the HTML

RichTextLinks.png

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Thanks for the reply, at least was not just me. I've tested the HTML control and whilst it displays links correctly, I cannot seem to get it to edit mode on my form. Both the Form & control are in edit mode but it doesn't allow editing the content. Far from ideal as I want users to be able to view and update content from a SP list which includes rich text columns that may or may not have links within the text.

Currently thinking of having a view screen with HTML controls and edit screen with Rich text controls as I think this may be a workaround to this issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,294)