cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
chacko_paul
Level: Power Up

List Power BI Workspaces in a Power App

I am trying to create an app that lists all of the workspaces in Power BI that user can see and list the datasets for any of those workspaces. I am currently trying this with a canvas app. The PowerBI connector only lists AddRows and RefreshDataset as available functions. Can this be done now, it looks like this was possible in the past. Is there a permission I need or some other issue.

1 REPLY 1
Microsoft v-siky-msft
Microsoft

Re: List Power BI Workspaces in a Power App

Hi @chacko_paul 

Do you want to get the workspace and datasets of Power BI in PowerApps?

I am afraid that is not supported in PowerApps, if you want this feature, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas 

As an alternative workaround, you can create a custom connector based on PowerBI Reset API.

Please check the following articles: Custom Connectors, Get Datasets In Group Get Groups 

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,380)