cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

List.Selected.Value error

I was following this Official Microsoft guide on Cascading Drop Downs. After I completed the step for Configuring the Locations, I got an error on my entire data card that says the "Name isn't valid. The identifier isn't recognized". I click to "Edit in the Formula Bar", and it highlights the "Value" word in the Update function.NameIsntValid.pngThis is not stated at all in the official guide, and there is nothing on the internet that hints why this is happening. Also, the guide is a bit outdated, but I can't find anything new.

In case you're not bothered to click on the guide, let me clarify what exactly I changed to make the error happen. I changed the Items field in the Drop Down to

Distinct(myListName, myColumnName)

That's all I did. I didn't do aaaaanything else.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: List.Selected.Value error

Hi @OkayGoogle ,

Try 

ddPhase.Selected.Result

as you have a Distinct filter on the reference control.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @OkayGoogle ,

Try 

ddPhase.Selected.Result

as you have a Distinct filter on the reference control.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your quick response!

May I ask @WarrenBelz how you know that it has to be "Result" and not "Value" just because of a filter? Does it apply when using any filters?

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Thanks @OkayGoogle ,

Firstly, you can get the value by typing in any reference field ddPhase.Selected. and the valid values will come up underneath.

However there are three possibilities

• .Value if from a Choices or Lookup field
  • .Result from a Distinct filter
  • Actual field name if formed from a field (if from the Widgets field in a list (other than Distinct), it would be .Widgets.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,811)