Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jon2787
Advocate I
Advocate I

List item not opening in PowerApp

Hi,

I’ve created a PowerApp form by going into the SharePoint list, selecting integrate and then create an app.

The app has now been built and published however when I select new or edit item from rhe list the default dialog box opens and not my PowerApp form.

Does anyone know why this is?

Thanks  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NandiniBhagya20
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,
I guess you have create a standalone app. When you click on Integrate >> Power Apps, you get 3 options =

1. Create an app => By using this, an app will be created with basic code/structure in it.

2. See all apps => This will get navigated to a page where-in you will see all apps created or shared by you

3. Customize form => By using this option, you can customize/edit your new/edit/display form in power apps.

I think you should select option no. 3

To see the customised forms, you will have to publish it and refresh you all items sharepoint list view.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
NandiniBhagya20
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,
I guess you have create a standalone app. When you click on Integrate >> Power Apps, you get 3 options =

1. Create an app => By using this, an app will be created with basic code/structure in it.

2. See all apps => This will get navigated to a page where-in you will see all apps created or shared by you

3. Customize form => By using this option, you can customize/edit your new/edit/display form in power apps.

I think you should select option no. 3

To see the customised forms, you will have to publish it and refresh you all items sharepoint list view.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

Jon2787
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks, I did also try the custom form option but when selecting the list edit icon (pencil) it would open the form in a small dialog/browser view. Is there a way that I can make this open full screen similar to how the canvas app opens? Ideally I would prefer to use the Canvas App rather than custom form. Thanks 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,709)