cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

List of choices in Combo Box overflowing screen

I'm working on an App where there are two Combo Box controls with extensive (14 in one, ~30 in another) choices available in each of them. When opening drop-down portion of the control, some items at the bottom of the list are being cut off. For example, the "Preferred Location" combo box (shown below, scrolled all the way to the bottom), is not displaying the last item ("440" should appear below "420"). The other is cutting off the last 2 entries. If I search for the items that are being cut off, they come up, so it's not that they're being excluded from the choices. In other words, this is really a cosmetic issue, but it's still something I need to address. 

The only thing I can think of the might be causing this is that the form I have has about 30 fields, and rather than having one long form and requiring the users to scroll, I'm using some "navigation" buttons to show a limited number of fields per "section". Here's a short video showing what I mean by this which hopefully makes sense: https://www.screencast.com/t/AS6Oh5uZ

PA_Combobox_Items_Overflow_2020-03-09_12-43-05.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ChadVKealey ,

Actually, it is an known issue with the ComboBox control in Edit form.

As an alternative solution, you could consider move the related Data card (including the ComboBox) to the top order of the Edit form, then all available options could be displayed under the ComboBox:

Test.gif

You could also consider reduce the vertical height of the menu within the ComboBox, then display more items options within the ComboBox. Please set the PaddingTop property and PaddingBottom property of the ComboBox to following:

In addition, as an alternative solution, you could also consider create a custom Dropdown box based on ListBox control. Please check and see if the following thread would help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/PowerApps-Dropdown-Options-amp-Labels-Are-Cu...

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

As a test, I shifted the affected controls upward in their respective sections and this allows the user to view ALL of the items in the list. In this case, it's an acceptable workaround. However, it won't always be, so I'm hoping someone else has an alternative fix in mind.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ChadVKealey ,

Actually, it is an known issue with the ComboBox control in Edit form.

As an alternative solution, you could consider move the related Data card (including the ComboBox) to the top order of the Edit form, then all available options could be displayed under the ComboBox:

Test.gif

You could also consider reduce the vertical height of the menu within the ComboBox, then display more items options within the ComboBox. Please set the PaddingTop property and PaddingBottom property of the ComboBox to following:

In addition, as an alternative solution, you could also consider create a custom Dropdown box based on ListBox control. Please check and see if the following thread would help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/PowerApps-Dropdown-Options-amp-Labels-Are-Cu...

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

When will this be fixed please and is there somewhere I can vote for it to be fixed as it is quite a large problem if a user cannot see all of the options....? Moving the field to the top is not a good solution. 

Same issue here - something this trivial left out in development 😞

This is not a solution to the problem, this is a "work around", and not a good one at that.  Why has this been marked as an accepted solution?  Please change this to indicate as such.

Confluent

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (32,737)