cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

List screen has no search

When I Insert a new List Screen in a tablet power app that I've started from scratch the screen has no search bar and no way to add one. Is there a way to add a search bar or must it be built from scratch using a button and text input? The documentation shows the list screen with a search bar in the phone power app tutorial but the tablet version has no search bar.

thanks,

Alistair

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: List screen has no search

I made a video that shows how to use the PowerApps Search Function and also a separate one on PowerApps Filter Function. Both are used to make "search boxes" depending on your goal and data source. Hope it helps. 

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Resolver I
Resolver I

Looking at the generated iPhone app, the text search doesn't actually do anything. Turns out I need to create a new TextInput and use the Items property of the list gallery to filter on the text entered in the TextInput

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

I made a video that shows how to use the PowerApps Search Function and also a separate one on PowerApps Filter Function. Both are used to make "search boxes" depending on your goal and data source. Hope it helps. 

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

thanks for that, appreciated

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,496)