Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ianallen13V2
Helper II
Helper II

List values for end score

Hello, 

I am building an app where I will have about 9 drop downs, each with the same fields: YES, NO, N/A and I want them to be weighed/valued the same as: 

YES = 1

NO = 0

N/A = No value

Then I need to figure out a way to have a 'score' field tally up the total from all 9 drop downs to give me a composite score (and then ultimately a percentage).  I'm sure this is possible, but I am not sure how to start this.  

Any guidance or support is appreciated. 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

Here's one way, of many.

I made 9 dropdowns, each with items of ["YES", "NO", "N/A"]

each ones onchange had the following code

Switch(q1.Selected.Value,
"YES",Set(PointCount1,1);Set(TotalCount1,1),
"NO",Set(PointCount1,0);Set(TotalCount1,1),
"N/A",Set(PointCount1,0);Set(TotalCount1,0));

Set(RunningScore, Sum(PointCount1,PointCount2,PointCount3,PointCount4,PointCount5,PointCount6,PointCount7,PointCount8,PointCount9));
Set(RunnignQuestionCount, Sum(TotalCount1,TotalCount2,TotalCount3,TotalCount4,TotalCount5,TotalCount6,TotalCount7,TotalCount8,TotalCount9))

(except the 1 becomes 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 respectively for each subsequent dropdown so they each have and maintain their own individual counts)

next to them i have 3 labels, text of each is below

"Total Yes: "&RunningScore

"Total Questions: "&RunnignQuestionCount

"Score: "&RoundDown(RunningScore/RunnignQuestionCount*100,0)&"%"
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
This helps others find solutions to future issues!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

Here's one way, of many.

I made 9 dropdowns, each with items of ["YES", "NO", "N/A"]

each ones onchange had the following code

Switch(q1.Selected.Value,
"YES",Set(PointCount1,1);Set(TotalCount1,1),
"NO",Set(PointCount1,0);Set(TotalCount1,1),
"N/A",Set(PointCount1,0);Set(TotalCount1,0));

Set(RunningScore, Sum(PointCount1,PointCount2,PointCount3,PointCount4,PointCount5,PointCount6,PointCount7,PointCount8,PointCount9));
Set(RunnignQuestionCount, Sum(TotalCount1,TotalCount2,TotalCount3,TotalCount4,TotalCount5,TotalCount6,TotalCount7,TotalCount8,TotalCount9))

(except the 1 becomes 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 respectively for each subsequent dropdown so they each have and maintain their own individual counts)

next to them i have 3 labels, text of each is below

"Total Yes: "&RunningScore

"Total Questions: "&RunnignQuestionCount

"Score: "&RoundDown(RunningScore/RunnignQuestionCount*100,0)&"%"
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.

Hey Rob, 

Thank you so much!  I appreciate the detailed response.  I do have some questions as I may need this broken down a bit for me.   Would you be able to share more of your setup as I think it would be easier for me to understand if it were broken up and simplified.  

For example, I wasn't sure what 'q1' was in the 'onchange' part (I assume question 1, but wasn't sure how that fit). 

Just any additional guidance is appreciated. 

Thank you again

Rob - I should have waited for the coffee to set in.  I applied it and that works perfectly!  Thank you so much!  I may need to reach back out as I go further here, but so far I think this will work for what I need. 

Thank you again! 

Question: 

ianallen13V2_0-1634140669296.png

This works great, but I want it with just the percentage.  I tried to remove the 'Total' but then it does not work.  Is there a way to have a field just yield the percentage and not "total: 100%"? 

Thank you! 

TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

remove the total: bit, and also the & after it

karlovak
Regular Visitor

I have the exact same task to complete, but getting an error in "On change" for whatever reason. Q1 is your data card value, correct?
ianallen13V2
Helper II
Helper II

Sorry, I'm not 100% sure of your question - but this solution worked for me. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,158)