cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pthakur
Regular Visitor

List view for Shared Records in a Model driven App

Hi Everyone, I am new to PowerApps and working on building a custom Contacts app using Model-driven App. I have a requirement to create a list view for the records which are shared with me using the Out-of-box SHARE option. 

I want to create a filter so that the user only sees records that are shared with them. The problem is I am unable to find any column in the contact table which indicates that the record is shared. Do let me know if there any other way to identify the shared records. 

2 REPLIES 2
rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @pthakur welcome to the community. Can you please share the data-source for your custom app. Based on the security applied at the source the user can be restricted to see their own data only. In the event the data-source return data they should not see you need to have an indicator which can be used in a filter. sharing is usually done by a group assignment or roles. here is an example/tutorial for SharePoint: https://www.spguides.com/powerapps-role-based-security/

hope that helps

pthakur
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the response @rubin_boer. My app is using DataVerse's Contact table as the data source. In my case, the owner of the record can share the record with single or multiple users based on their needs. I have one list view which shows only the login-users-owned records. I need to create a new list view that shows all the records shared with me.  Will the security approach share by you would work in this case?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (44,484)