cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Listen for a keystroke

I am trying to listen for a keystroke. I got an bar-code reader and I would like to scan an code. I got an keyboard emulator for this that types in the scanned code and then hits enter. I was wondering if I could listen for that and then do an action on that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Unfortunately, I have not found a way to do this. I use the Screen's OnVisible property to SetFocus() to a textinput.

I had a similar question here if you'd like to follow it.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Improving-interface-experience-with-Zebra-Android-mobile/m-p/456521

---
If this answered your question, please click "Accept Solution". If this helped, please Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use a text input's OnChange property and it will trigger when enter is sent. I'm using this on Zebra devices and with barcode scanners on PC. Works well.

---
If this answered your question, please click "Accept Solution". If this helped, please Thumbs Up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Is it possible to make it listen without clicking the text input first?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Unfortunately, I have not found a way to do this. I use the Screen's OnVisible property to SetFocus() to a textinput.

I had a similar question here if you'd like to follow it.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Improving-interface-experience-with-Zebra-Android-mobile/m-p/456521

---

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,382)