cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Listing Files in a Document Library in Sharepoint With Powerapps App

I'm looking to use a gallery or data table (I've tried both) to display a listing of files in a Sharepoint document library in a canvas app. This feature was originally announced in March 2019. I've reviewed the documentation and the other questions asked within the community (this post was helpful), and have had success, however it only lists a handful of the files (12 qty) versus the whole list of files.   Here is a variation on what I've used in my gallery (also similarly attempted in a data table). I've changed directory names, of course:

Filter(Documents, IsFolder=false&&'Folder path' = "Shared Documents/Directory to View/")

I've reviewed the files, and there is nothing odd about them, and they have the same structure and extension (.csv) as the others. I'm not sure if I'm doing something in correctly in the above snippet, or if there some known limit to the number of files that can be listed.  Some extra information that may be helpful:

• Users of the app also have full access to the SP site
  • There are no spaces or blanks within the file and directory names, to avoid issues (e.g. Column_x0020_Name)
  • The file names are unique
  • All files are .csv
  • There is one subdirectory within this directory (I'm not sure if that would be a factor, we're not trying to view it)
  • I am not seeking to list or access subdirectories, just the files

Thanks for any guidance or insight.

4 REPLIES 4
Pstork1
Most Valuable Professional

If you are trying to list all the files then the second part of your formula isn't necessary.  That will limit the files listed to only the ones in that specific subdirectory.  It will also filter out any files from child directories below the subdirectory.  If you want to list all the files starting at a particular subdirectory and below use the following.

Filter(Documents, IsFolder = false && StartsWith('Folder path', "Shared Documents/directory to view"))

The one other potential problem is that the IsFolder check is non-delegable so this filter will only apply to the first 500 (2,000 if data row limit is extended) files in the library.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for the reply!I am trying to limit to the files to "directory to review" (subdirectory) and do not want to include items in a child directory. 

(I should mention, "directory to view" is a fictional name for posting purposes.)

With your formula and mine, it still only shows 12 files, whereas there are 21 in "directory to review".

But your mention of a child directory got me thinking - since there was one.  I removed the child, to see if it was impacting it for some reason. While doing so, I renamed the files in the child, and placed them in the main directory ("directory to view"). Those files then appeared, making it 15 that are viewable.  So now I could see that I had some files that were excluded for some reason. All of these .csv files are created via a Power Automate Flow, and are automatically saved in the directory weekly (this app was created to monitor the backup process).  The ones that are showing - as it turns out - were modified by me since they were manually moved to the directory when I set up the process. The moving of the child directory files was the same case.  I'm now wondering if there is some issue of permissions, though I cannot see a difference in the files. 

Pstork1

Assuming the Power App is running with your security context if you can see the files in SharePoint they should also show for you in Power Apps.  I have not been able to duplicate your issue. All the files in the subdirectory show for me.  But I haven't actually tried with a .CSV.  It should either be permissions or maybe that the connector is filtering out certain types of files.  If you rename one of the .CSV files to have a different extension does it then show up?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
SergiPino
Regular Visitor

hi,

I think you're running into a delegation issue. Unfortunately all fields seem to be non delegable in the Documents folder. So probably the 12 files you see are among the first 500 (or 2000) rows/files in your Sharepoint. Due to the delegation row limit you can't see any file beyond the limit.

Even StartsWith than uses to be delegable with all Lists in SharePoint is not delegable when used in the Documents file list.

Helpful resources

Announcements

Community will be READ ONLY July 16th, 5p PDT -July 22nd

Dear Community Members,   We'd like to let you know of an upcoming change to the community platform: starting July 16th, the platform will transition to a READ ONLY mode until July 22nd.   During this period, members will not be able to Kudo, Comment, or Reply to any posts.   On July 22nd, please be on the lookout for a message sent to the email address registered on your community profile. This email is crucial as it will contain your unique code and link to register for the new platform encompassing all of the communities.   What to Expect in the New Community: A more unified experience where all products, including Power Apps, Power Automate, Copilot Studio, and Power Pages, will be accessible from one community.Community Blogs that you can syndicate and link to for automatic updates. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transition. Stay tuned for the exciting new features and a seamless community experience ahead!

Summer of Solutions | Week 4 Results | Winners will be posted on July 24th

We are excited to announce the Summer of Solutions Challenge!   This challenge is kicking off on Monday, June 17th and will run for (4) weeks.  The challenge is open to all Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Copilot Studio & Power Pages) community members. We invite you to participate in a quest to provide solutions in the Forums to as many questions as you can. Answers can be provided in all the communities.    Entry Period: This Challenge will consist of four weekly Entry Periods as follows (each an “Entry Period”)   - 12:00 a.m. PT on June 17, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on June 23, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on June 24, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on June 30, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on July 1, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on July 7, 2024 - 12:00 a.m. PT on July 8, 2024 – 11:59 p.m. PT on July 14, 2024   Entries will be eligible for the Entry Period in which they are received and will not carryover to subsequent weekly entry periods.  You must enter into each weekly Entry Period separately.   How to Enter: We invite you to participate in a quest to provide "Accepted Solutions" to as many questions as you can. Answers can be provided in all the communities. Users must provide a solution which can be an “Accepted Solution” in the Forums in all of the communities and there are no limits to the number of “Accepted Solutions” that a member can provide for entries in this challenge, but each entry must be substantially unique and different.    Winner Selection and Prizes: At the end of each week, we will list the top ten (10) Community users which will consist of: 5 Community Members & 5 Super Users and they will advance to the final drawing. We will post each week in the News & Announcements the top 10 Solution providers.  At the end of the challenge, we will add all of the top 10 weekly names and enter them into a random drawing.  Then we will randomly select ten (10) winners (5 Community Members & 5 Super Users) from among all eligible entrants received across all weekly Entry Periods to receive the prize listed below. If a winner declines, we will draw again at random for the next winner.  A user will only be able to win once overall. If they are drawn multiple times, another user will be drawn at random.  Individuals will be contacted before the announcement with the opportunity to claim or deny the prize.  Once all of the winners have been notified, we will post in the News & Announcements of each community with the list of winners.   Each winner will receive one (1) Pass to the Power Platform Conference in Las Vegas, Sep. 18-20, 2024 ($1800 value). NOTE: Prize is for conference attendance only and any other costs such as airfare, lodging, transportation, and food are the sole responsibility of the winner. Tickets are not transferable to any other party or to next year’s event.   ** PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED RULES for this CHALLENGE**   Week 1 Results: Congratulations to the Week 1 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Community MembersNumber of SolutionsSuper UsersNumber of Solutions @anandm08  23 @WarrenBelz  31 @DBO_DV  10 @Amik  19 AmínAA 6 @mmbr1606  12 @rzuber  4 @happyume  7 @Giraldoj  3@ANB 6 (tie)   @SpongYe  6 (tie)     Week 2 Results: Congratulations to the Week 2 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge. Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutions @anandm08  10@WarrenBelz 25 @DBO_DV  6@mmbr1606 14 @AmínAA 4 @Amik  12 @royg  3 @ANB  10 @AllanDeCastro  2 @SunilPashikanti  5 @Michaelfp  2 @FLMike  5 @eduardo_izzo  2   Meekou 2   @rzuber  2   @Velegandla  2     @PowerPlatform-P  2   @Micaiah  2     Week 3 Results: Congratulations to the Week 3 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge.   Week 3:Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Apps anandm0861WarrenBelz86DBO_DV25Amik66Michaelfp13mmbr160647Giraldoj13FLMike31AmínAA13SpongYe27     Week 4 Results: Congratulations to the Week 4 qualifiers, you are being entered in the random drawing that will take place at the end of the challenge.   Week 4:Community MembersSolutionsSuper UsersSolutionsPower Apps DBO-DV21WarranBelz26Giraldoj7mmbr160618Muzammmil_0695067Amik14samfawzi_acml6FLMike12tzuber6ANB8   SunilPashikanti8

Check Out | 2024 Release Wave 2 Plans for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform

On July 16, 2024, we published the 2024 release wave 2 plans for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform. These plans are a compilation of the new capabilities planned to be released between October 2024 to March 2025. This release introduces a wealth of new features designed to enhance customer understanding and improve overall user experience, showcasing our dedication to driving digital transformation for our customers and partners.    The upcoming wave is centered around utilizing advanced AI and Microsoft Copilot technologies to enhance user productivity and streamline operations across diverse business applications. These enhancements include intelligent automation, AI-powered insights, and immersive user experiences that are designed to break down barriers between data, insights, and individuals. Watch a summary of the release highlights.    Discover the latest features that empower organizations to operate more efficiently and adaptively. From AI-driven sales insights and customer service enhancements to predictive analytics in supply chain management and autonomous financial processes, the new capabilities enable businesses to proactively address challenges and capitalize on opportunities.    

Updates to Transitions in the Power Platform Communities

We're embarking on a journey to enhance your experience by transitioning to a new community platform. Our team has been diligently working to create a fresh community site, leveraging the very Dynamics 365 and Power Platform tools our community advocates for.  We started this journey with transitioning Copilot Studio forums and blogs in June. The move marks the beginning of a new chapter, and we're eager for you to be a part of it. The rest of the Power Platform product sites will be moving over this summer.   Stay tuned for more updates as we get closer to the launch. We can't wait to welcome you to our new community space, designed with you in mind. Let's connect, learn, and grow together.   Here's to new beginnings and endless possibilities!   If you have any questions, observations or concerns throughout this process please go to https://aka.ms/PPCommSupport.   To stay up to date on the latest details of this migration and other important Community updates subscribe to our News and Announcements forums: Copilot Studio, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Pages

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,727)