cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canadiansal
Helper V
Helper V

Lists - max records

I have a dropdown that selects distinct from a Sharepoint list. Currently, I cannot see all the distinct options. Does List have a limit on the number of records? I am currently at 1200 records. Could this be the issue?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Canadiansal 

No, but the Distinct function is not delegable, so if your record count is more than the record limit you have set in the app settings, then you will not get complete results.

I would check your app settings to see what your record limit is currently and adjust as necessary.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

@Canadiansal 

Yeah, if it is only 5 and will never really change, then I would just put it directly in the app, but if there is a chance of changes, then either put them in their own separate list or at least isolate in the app in such a way that it is easy to maintain.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

6 REPLIES 6
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Canadiansal 

No, but the Distinct function is not delegable, so if your record count is more than the record limit you have set in the app settings, then you will not get complete results.

I would check your app settings to see what your record limit is currently and adjust as necessary.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Canadiansal
Helper V
Helper V

You are right - its currently at 500. Do I need to republish after I make the change? Is there an alternative to the select that I can use? can I hard code the values in the dropdown?

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Canadiansal 

Yes, you can increase the record limit (max is 2000) and you would need to republish then.

As for putting static values for your dropdown...yes, you can do that, but my question on that would be based on how many values would you have and how often would it change?  You seemed to go toward a Distinct function for a reason.

Canadiansal
Helper V
Helper V

It probably will not exceed 5. The distinct was an experiment that worked out.

How to use distinct on a data source with 6000 record?

@Canadiansal 

Yeah, if it is only 5 and will never really change, then I would just put it directly in the app, but if there is a chance of changes, then either put them in their own separate list or at least isolate in the app in such a way that it is easy to maintain.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,257)