cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
P_SA
Helper V
Helper V

Load data into PowerApps from Excel as static data

Hi Experts , I have data in an excel... Is there any way to load the data in powerapps as a static data from excel

I want to share powerapps as a package and I do not want the dependency on the excel

How do i load the data one time as a static data ..

Please suggest
5 REPLIES 5
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @P_SA 

To load Excel as static data, go to View > Datasources, search for Excel and select the Import from Excel option.

image.png

hi @timl   that is understood, but is it possible to store the data within powerapps ..  I do want the data to load from the excel the next time app is launched. 

Hi @P_SA 

When we add static data, that data is stored within PowerApps. There's no need to reload it when the app loads on subsequent occasions.

The limitation is that users can't add records to static Excel that you've imported. Is that what you want to do?

moshem
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @timl,
Do you know where we can see what the static data contains in the powerapps?

timl
Super User
Super User

@moshem 

When you add static data to an app, it'll be available in the app just like any other data source.

To inspect the data, you could add a data table or gallery control to an app, set the data source to the static Excel data source, and view the data through the control.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,214)