cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Microsoft
Microsoft

Load datasource by name

Hi,

I have a gallery. For which item I am selecting, I need to load a list in sharepoint.

For example I have items A; B and C in my gallery.

When I select B, I need to load a datasource B1 I have already added. 

In my gallery, I have an hidden field with the name of the datasource. 

Then when I click to see the details, I load on the fly a new gallery including the list of my Datasource B1.

But I can't get it to work.

In my second GalleryView I use this to load by name of my datasource:

SortByColumns(Search(BrowseGallery1.Selected.ID; TextSearchBox3.Text; "Name"); "Name"; If(SortDescending1; SortOrder.Descending; SortOrder.Ascending))

But it doesn't work.

Then how can I define my datasource by name and not by instance?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Load datasource by name

I found a solution by using an IF.

Navigate(LinksScreen; ScreenTransition.Fade;{myDataSource:If(BrowseGallery1.Selected.ID="Office365Links";Office365Links;BrowseGallery1.Selected.ID="AzureLinks";AzureLinks;BrowseGallery1.Selected.ID="DynamicsLinks";DynamicsLinks;BrowseGallery1.Selected.ID="DevicesLinks";DevicesLinks;BrowseGallery1.Selected.ID="EmsLinks";EmsLinks;BrowseGallery1.Selected.ID="Windows10Links";Windows10Links)})

Thanks,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Fatima
Frequent Visitor

Don't really get the problem. So you have a gallery and you click on an item in the gallery you want to get more details on the item from another datasource? on another screen? correct?

Can you add some screenshots?

Microsoft
Microsoft

I found a solution by using an IF.

Navigate(LinksScreen; ScreenTransition.Fade;{myDataSource:If(BrowseGallery1.Selected.ID="Office365Links";Office365Links;BrowseGallery1.Selected.ID="AzureLinks";AzureLinks;BrowseGallery1.Selected.ID="DynamicsLinks";DynamicsLinks;BrowseGallery1.Selected.ID="DevicesLinks";DevicesLinks;BrowseGallery1.Selected.ID="EmsLinks";EmsLinks;BrowseGallery1.Selected.ID="Windows10Links";Windows10Links)})

Thanks,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,540)