cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FelipeFaccini
Helper I
Helper I

Loading Data of a Register in a Viewer Form

My PowerApps application is currently getting into a problem that never happened before in development. When I open a viewform of a selected item from a gallery, it gets stuck in a screen that says "getting data", and it never loads the data. On that same screen, I have a header with an icon that leads to an edit screen to modify the data of that same selected register, and the edit screen loads successfully with the data that I need, which makes no sense.

Problem Behavior: I have a backup version of the app from the time that it worked fine. From this point, any modification made in the viewer form of the registers, like adding cards or even adding a simple new label with no functions related to any variable, leads the application to the described problem, after being saved and published.

I appreciate any possible help a lot, have a nice day!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FelipeFaccini
Helper I
Helper I

UPDATE! I just discovered the reason for this error. The propriety Item of the display form must be written with MyGallery.Selected. This propriety was previously empty in my form, that's why it wasn't loading the data. Thank you guys for the support! Best regards to you all.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jimbobcook1
Resolver I
Resolver I

Have you tried to use the monitor function to see if something is failing? Does it fail in both the Web App and the Windows Store PowerApps App?

If you open up your main apps page like you were going to edit, click on the 3 dots next to the app name and select Monitor

2022-03-02 12_11_14-Power Apps.png

A new page should open and once loaded you should have the option to Play Published app which loads the newest published version in the web app. run it as you would normally then check the monitor tab (it's live) once you get to your issue. Does anything show up as a warning etc?

2022-03-02 12_12_14-Purchasing GBOALE - Monitor.png

Cheers

Nogueira1306
Super User
Super User

I dont think that there is a valid reason to that behavior...

My advice would be for you to update the datasource connection, maybe remove it an re-add it and see if it still gives you that error.

If not, you can always try removind the form and re-adding the form.

If you need additional help please tag me in your reply and please like my reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, pleased mark it as a solution ✔️!

Best regards,

Gonçalo Nogueira

Check my LinkedIn!

Buy me a coffee!

Check my User Group (pt-PT)!

Last Post on Community

My website!

Appreciate these tips a lot! Unfortunately, the live monitor didn't show any issue with the execution of the app steps, not even in the main problem, I guess I'll have to refresh the connection with the data source or make a whole new form.

FelipeFaccini_2-1646226354233.png

Thanks a lot!

FelipeFaccini
Helper I
Helper I

UPDATE! I just discovered the reason for this error. The propriety Item of the display form must be written with MyGallery.Selected. This propriety was previously empty in my form, that's why it wasn't loading the data. Thank you guys for the support! Best regards to you all.

v-yujincui-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FelipeFaccini ,

Glad to see you solved the problem.
You could mark your answer as a 'solution' to close the case.

Best Regards,

Charlie Choi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,637)