cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Loading Gallery from Collection crashes Web Studio

Hello,

I am trying to display a collection in a gallery, but every time I do this it spikes all the resources on my computer (CPU, Memory, etc...) and brings Web Studio to a screeching halt. The collection is 555 rows with ~20 columns. The columns are mostly simple, just text, maybe html values. The same gallery displays fine if I don't use the collection and just display the data source directly.  I was using a collection because I was joining 2 sharepoint lists.

Do collections use this many more resources?

2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi,

Collections do typically take up more resources but I wouldn't think that if your collection is comprised of mostly text and http values that you would have run into issues like this. I am not certain whether this is causing the issue or something else is. This might be something you want to bring to the Microsoft Support team. I will include a link to create a ticket with them below;

If you would like to create a ticket with Microsoft Customer Support here is a link on how to do so: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I wouldn't think it should have either. After a couple of days of some trial and error troubleshooting I was able to pinpoint it down to a couple of formula's outside the gallery. Outside the gallery, I had 5 x CountRows/CountIf functions of the gallery (counting total items, counting "Yes" answers, counting "No" answers, and counting "Blank" answers).

I changed them to count against a filter on the collection instead and it has fixed the problem.  Not sure if counting against a gallery, ie.. Gallery.AllItems instead Filter(Collection, ...) should use that many more resources, but I'm not crashing anymore, so I'm happy.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (59,440)