cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garrettholmes
Regular Visitor

Loading Spinner on image loading

Hello,

I have a display form that's pulling an image from sharepoint when the item is selected from a gallery. The image shows up blank for about five seconds or longer before showing up. I was wondering if there is a way to attach a loading spinner to run until the image shows up?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Sid_Jafri
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @garrettholmes 

Yes, you can add it. Please watch the video below, it may help. It is 27 minutes video but you can start watching from 23:20 minutes till the end or watch full video if you are interested in 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gYgYRca1GY

Please Thumbs up and accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue.

garrettholmes
Regular Visitor

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I am still confused, but will try to clarify. Selecting an option from the gallery takes the user to an edit form screen with many different data cards. There is a specific data card with an image in it, and that image is what is taking a long time to load. Is there a way to attach a loading spinner to popup on the screen until that image is fully loaded? (or the whole page is fully loaded). Can the process shown in the video be modified to fit my problem? Thanks again.

Hi @garrettholmes 

You may add the timer and turn it off when image contains value e.g.
!IsBlankOrError(Image1.Image)  then turn off the timer and when you turn off hide that gif/rectangle. However if your data doesn't contain the image then timer will continue running so you have threshold that make the timer off after few seconds

Please Thumbs up and accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,112)