cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sperry1625
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Loading Spinners

I have seen many posts on how to get spinners to work. None of them are consistent.  It appears that depending on the actions you take between showing your spinner and hiding it, the spinner may not show.  I have seen comments that this is due to the code running too fast.  I do not believe that is the case.  I believe it is due to certain code, specifically that which updates the Visible properties of the spinner based on a variable change, not being given CPU time to process the change in the variable.

Ages ago, when I did VB programming, there was a command, Sleep, that you could insert into your code to relinquish the CPU to allow other process to run before your code continued.  Something like this would be nice or something similar to allow the change in the Visible property to take effect.

I have seen suggestion on using Timer Controls, issue there is you need to put your code in your timer.

Any other suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
DataWhisperer
Regular Visitor

@sperry1625 Hello, I have recently been working with spinners and timers and I found the correct way to apply the timer to spinners or in any other instance. Have you found a solution to your timer problem? 

@DataWhisperer I still use variables to hide/show spinners. It works, mostly. Have you found a good source for spinner images? I pull from the internet but most don't size well. Any SVG spinner images? These would likely size better.

Thanks.

I use https://loading.io/ to generate cools loading gifs

sperry1625
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@MM_Factor have you had any luck getting animated SVGs to work? If so, how? Have tried but image does not show.

Himanshu_90677
Advocate V
Advocate V

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,861)