Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmistry
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Loading data from repeating sections prior to submit

Hi,

I will be working on a powerapp which has one master list form with few fields and then about 6-7 repeating sections so going to leverage collection concept for the same. For each repeating section, I have a child list created in sharepoint

I have been able to save respective repeating section info to SharePoint lists but I have a requirement now such that users should be able to come back tomorrow and submit the remaining portion of the app, so ideally they would prefer to submit some information today and then when they go to work tomorrow, would enter remaining and then submit finally, I also have to account for offline mode into this app.

Would it be possible to load the previous session data when user comes back in to show the uncompleted form submission keeping in mind that I would have to load data from 6-7 different repeating sections from previous session, can someone shed some light please if this is possible to implement. 

1 REPLY 1
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dmistry ,

Do you want to load data that you last run the app?

If so, I think you could refer how to build offline app.

The theory is the same.

When you log out, the data will be saved in local by using the SaveData collection.

When you log in, the data that you saved in local will be loaded by using LoadData collection.

Here's a doc about this in details for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/offline-apps

What's more, if you want to save and load  6-7 parts, you could save it to 6-7 places, then load it in 6-7 collections. Just need to collect them together after you've load them.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,344)