Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmistry
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Loading drop down values along with filter on a field

Hi,

In a powerapp form (connected to a sp list), I have a text field, changed it to allow values so that makes it a drop down.

Now i have a document library (prequal contracts) added as a source in which _PrequalLookupValue is a text field, so for items property, I set below and it does show me drop down values. 

Capture.PNG

Only thing I now want to do is, filter based on a managed metadata field called '_RequiredReporting' eq 'Yes' in Prequal Contracts Library. Can someone please help me with the expression for the same, thanks in advance.  

13 REPLIES 13

thanks a lot @dariobois  Please see below.

PrequalLogReporting is a sharepoint list. 

as shown below, prequal is a text field and in the powerapp form, I have changed this field to 'Allowed values' so it turns into a drop down. 

Capture.JPG

Now below is a screenshot from prequal contracts document library.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

So the 'Prequal' text field on the app, needs to pull values from 'PrequalLookupValue' (from prequal contracts) field where 'RequiredReporting' (prequal contracts) equals 'Yes'.   

Below is what I did for Prequal field on the app, I think this will make it a bit clear.

Capture.JPG

Perfect!

In that case, just unlocked it, then edit the "items" property of the 'Precual' new Dropdown type Control with this formula:

Filter(
    Choices(PrequalLogReporting._PrequalLookupValue),
    Id in Filter(
        'Precual Contracts',
        _RequiredReporting.Label = "Yes"
    ).ID
)

Regards!

@dariobois  thanks a lot for your feedback, appreciate it. 

Just tried it but getting below, thoughts?

Untitled.png

@dmistry  

Can you rewrite the formula, word to word, and corroborate if naming, commas, upper and lower cases are ok? 

You can also try to put the "Filter" segment on a aux gallery or table control to verify if the data is Ok. 

EDIT:

Verify that you have a Lookup column in the PrequalLogReporting sharepoint list, named _PrequalLookupValue like this

dariobois_0-1603746399860.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,912)