cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbalza
Helper IV
Helper IV

LocalStorage Data

Hi everyone, I am new to using powerapps. Could someone help me out on this one, please? I created this one right here and my problem is that how can I save the data on localstorage and show it on the gallery? The data will be based on what is the selection of the user and add the data on the gallery. I don't want the data to save on my sharepoint list and use the localstorage instead. The reason is that it is one-time use only similar to what a calculator does. (if that makes sense). Thanks very much for taking the time on this. 

rbalza_0-1629350572403.png

Here are the datacard names.

rbalza_1-1629350856852.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-albai-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rbalza ,

If these data is for one-time use, you can directly save them into a collection(We can use collection to hold temporary data). Then show this collection inside a gallery. After closing the app, the data inside this collection will be removed. 

So use formula like this to create a collection on your Add button(complete this formula based on your actual need):

Collect(col1,{'Job Category':Dropdown1.Selected.Value,'Entity Type':Dropdown2.Selected.Value,...})

Then set the Items property of your gallery to this col1 collection.

Best regards,

Allen

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-albai-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rbalza ,

If these data is for one-time use, you can directly save them into a collection(We can use collection to hold temporary data). Then show this collection inside a gallery. After closing the app, the data inside this collection will be removed. 

So use formula like this to create a collection on your Add button(complete this formula based on your actual need):

Collect(col1,{'Job Category':Dropdown1.Selected.Value,'Entity Type':Dropdown2.Selected.Value,...})

Then set the Items property of your gallery to this col1 collection.

Best regards,

Allen

View solution in original post

Hi Allen,

Thank you for taking the time on this, appreciated it. However, tried your solution doesn't show on my gallery. What did I missed? See below snapshot. Thanks much!

Header (col1)

rbalza_3-1629377454304.png

Button

rbalza_2-1629377289966.png

Gallery>Items

rbalza_0-1629377205317.png

Hi Allen, made a tweak on your solution and figured it out to do it. Hence, will accept it as a solution :). Thanks very much!

Collect(
    Col1,
    {
        'Job Category': DataCardValue31.SelectedText,
        'Entity Type': DataCardValue39.SelectedText,
        'Job Type': DataCardValue40.SelectedText
    }
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,272)