cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
R1449A
Frequent Visitor

Locking Authoring Version

Any authoring version greater than 3.21094.25 breaks my app whereas variables are not set during app.OnStart.  Every time I make an edit to the app the authoring version is automatically updated.  The only way I can change it back is to save and reload the app.  Is there a way to have the authoring version remain locked?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User
Super User

@R1449A 

I agree with @poweractivate about there not being any way to lock an app.

A possible tip/workaround you could use is to start Power Apps with a link that specifies the authoring version. If you bookmark the link beneath and use it to open your app, it'll apply the target authoring version and save you from having to change it each time.

https://create.powerapps.com/v3.21094.25.202183093/studio/

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
poweractivate
Community Champion
Community Champion

@R1449A 

I think by design it uses latest version.

You probably must go back each time manually, I am not aware of any way to lock it.

By the way I believe that eventually, version gets off this list. Recommend you make a support ticket and figure out why it is doing that.

poweractivate_0-1634747524311.png

timl
Super User
Super User

@R1449A 

I agree with @poweractivate about there not being any way to lock an app.

A possible tip/workaround you could use is to start Power Apps with a link that specifies the authoring version. If you bookmark the link beneath and use it to open your app, it'll apply the target authoring version and save you from having to change it each time.

https://create.powerapps.com/v3.21094.25.202183093/studio/

View solution in original post

poweractivate
Community Champion
Community Champion

@timl Wow that is really interesting way. Do you know if it works if the authoring version is not on that list of ones you can go back to? Or it must match one also that could be reverted to from the out of the box method under "Support" -> "Change authoring version" ?

timl
Super User
Super User

@poweractivate 

I have a blog post here about this technique.

http://powerappsguide.com/blog/post/what-to-do-when-some-part-your-app-breaks-or-starts-behaving-dif...

Using the version numbers that I noted earlier, I've just been able to start version v3.20, even although it doesn't appear in my list. As to whether this version still completely works ok, I'm not sure!

timl_0-1634749774259.png

R1449A
Frequent Visitor

This is a great workaround until there is a patch.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,093)