cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sresnd
Regular Visitor

Log conversation with people outside a Planner board

Hi there, 

I'm using a Planner board working as a helpdesk solution for my colleagues. I would like the possibility to log a conversation I have with each task submitter (Planner tasks are automatically created via Forms, and I have their email address listed in the Notes field in the task.) The task submitter are not a member of the Planner board.

Any suggestions how to do this? It could be via mail or Teams chat

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
AhmedSalih
Super User
Super User

Hello, @Sresnd , If you are using Microsoft Forms, you crate a Power Automate Flow that is triggered by "When a new response is submitted" trigger. Then use Get Response Details Action and use its output with the Create a task action of the Planner. one of the Output of the Get Response Details Action is the Responders' Email which you can use with Assigned User IDs field in the Create a Task Action

Make sure that you first create a Planner and a Planner Bucket because you need those values in your Create a Task Action. 

Regards,

Ahmed

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍. And if it has solved your issue, please consider a 👍 & Accepting it as the Solution to help other members of the community find it more.

My Blog: www.powerplatformplace.com

Hi, 

But I don't want the Responder/Task submitter to be a part of the board. I would like to log/track the conversation and have it visible in the Comments field

@Sresnd  You can use the same steps but add them to the Note section  of the Create a Task Action. IN the assigned to field, put whoever you are wish to be assigned for the Task, and that can be you or any other user email, or Group ID

Regards,

Ahmed

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍. And if it has solved your issue, please consider a 👍 & Accepting it as the Solution to help other members of the community find it more.

My Blog: www.powerplatformplace.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,420)