cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcotgrov
Frequent Visitor

Log current user on startup only to a sharepoint list

Hi,

Is it possible and if so how can I log the curent user to a sharepoint list when my powerapp is initially started only ?  I know how to get the current user but I cannot find a way to trigger a flow only when the app initially starts which I suspect is part of the solution ?

Thanks

Robin

2 REPLIES 2
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rcotgrov,

Could you please explain a bit for the reason why you would like to "log the current user to a SharePoint list" when app initially starts?

If you have configured the SharePoint connection within PowerApps, then on first loading of the App, the connection would be popped out to remind the current user to allow the access, there is no need to configure it Within PowerApps.

In addition, for running a flow at the initial start up of the App, currently I have no idea.

To run a flow, we need the specify a trigger within PowerApps ,such as a button:

Start a flow in an app

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
rcotgrov
Frequent Visitor

I want to know who is using my app and when etc..

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,222)