cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Logbook timings using buttons

I am brand new to PowerApps and have dived straight in,hopefully working it out as I go (but may be trying to run before I can walk).

Hello,

I am trying to write an aviation logbook app that records Events, Timings and Locations by pressing buttons.

So far I have a Home screen with buttons to Navigate to other screens (including a Mass & Balance screen with sliders etc), but the main screen is the Flight Log Screen (screenshot attached). On this I have an "Engine Start", "Take Off", and "Landing" buttons etc. and have experimented with OnSelect functions to generate timestamps and I'm about to start experimenting with Location function.

The app needs to work offline, storing the events locally to then upload records to Onedrive for Business Excel file or to a SharePoint list when online again.

That is as far as I have got, and would appreciate any help or ideas for how best to achieve this, especially the mechanism to record the events and then batch upload.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Logbook timings using buttons

Hi @helipilot777 ,

A couple of videos - one from Shane Young @Shanescows and one from Daniel Christian may be of assistance.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @helipilot777 ,

A couple of videos - one from Shane Young @Shanescows and one from Daniel Christian may be of assistance.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Warren,

The 'Offline' video by @Shanescows was particularly useful and I look forward to Part 2.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,569)