cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C-Papa
Helper I
Helper I

Long delays waiting for data PowerApps & SharePoint

Hi All, I'm looking for some general advise...

We have multiple company apps that are all using one SharePoint online site that contains multiple lists. Some apps are mobile app, some apps are custom SharePoint forms. We have approximately 150 users. Each app is not linked to any more than 6 lists within the site. Three weeks ago we enabled multi factor authentication and since then the data calls from PowerApps seem to have mixed results throughout the day. 65% of the day the apps works as expected with no data delays, the rest of the time, and at random times, data can take tens of seconds if not minutes to load, even when it is retrieving lists with under 50 records in. Some times closing the browser brings it back to life, other times it remains the same.

All apps are loading data into collections and when a new record is created it is patched to the collection after success of form submission. There are no "live / direct" filters in galleries. 

In addition to the slow data load, when I experience this issue I have had a look at the SharePoint list and an error has popper up saying the page is unavailable, try again. after a few minutes, after pressing refresh for a while the list appears. 

This is affecting every user, not just me.

My understanding is that the throttle limit is on each list, not per site, is this correct?

Does enabling multi factor authentication have any impact on data calls with SharePoint?

Does anyone have any suggestions of how we can reduce the time waiting for data? (ShowColumns etc is already in use)

We have been using PowerApps since it was first released and have taken steps to move most of our business processes to SharePoint / PowerApps. The delays in collecting the data seem to have only started over the last few weeks. We are at a point now where users cannot view what they need to in a reliable way and its causing divide with the reliability of SharePoint / PowerApps to manage business processes. 

1 REPLY 1
stingray
Advocate II
Advocate II

Been getting this all week in the UK! Flows taking 30 seconds to run that normally take 3 to 4 seconds.

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Apps User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (64,890)