cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kellison
Frequent Visitor

LookUp Function Using Dates

Hi I am very new to Power Apps and I'm running into difficulty with dates

I am trying to run a LookUp on a list that contains a date. The LookUp is based on a user selecting a date from a drop down menu (as well as two other drop down menus for a store and location)

This is what I have:

LookUp(Testing,

'Title'=StoreSelect.Selected.Result And

'Location'=LocationSelect.Selected.Result And

'Date'.Value = DateSelect.Selected.Result,

Shoes & " Shoes")

The date keeps causing it to fail, and I'm not sure why or how to resolve it. Any help is appreciated!

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
rohitsbots
Resolver II
Resolver II

@Kellison Are you using DatePicker then you should use DateSelect.SelectedDate and Date field in the condition should be just 'Date' instead of 'Date'.Value

Kellison
Frequent Visitor

@rohitsbots No it's not a date picker, it's a drop down menu with dates based on filtered results. I've tried just 'Date' instead of 'Date'.Value but it didn't work 

@Kellison So your scenario is want users to select only a certain set of dates from a dropdown ?

Kellison
Frequent Visitor

Yes! 

To clarify a bit more: I have a list of entries to sort through. The user is given three drop down menus - Store Name, Location, Date. They pick the Store Name which sets up the Location list which then sets up the Date list. The LookUp needs to account for all three inputs to show the entry

@Kellison Do you have the above lookup formula on a gallery to show the items ? If gallery shouldn't you use a Filter instead of LookUp ?

Kellison
Frequent Visitor

@rohitsbots It's not a gallery, it's just text fields. I didn't think a gallery was suitable since I need to show just one entry and the entries contain a lot of numbers (ex: # of shoes, # of socks, # of shirts)

Thank you for your help by the way, I greatly appreciate it!

@Kellison I would need to see the code in more depth in order to provide a solution for this. If you want to shoot a message to my linkedin we can connect there.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,232)