cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
radenkovic_rr
Level: Powered On

LookUp behaves inconsistently for different users

Hello,

I am using the following LookUp to check whether a combination of email and organization is in a table:

LookUp('LIST - Authorization',email=User().Email && 'Owning Organization'.Value=Dropdown1.Selected.Title,email)

This lookup works inconsistently - for some users, it returns value (which is correct), but for some others it doesn't.

Can you advise if there is some issue with formula or, if this is a bug, is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: LookUp behaves inconsistently for different users

Hi @radenkovic_rr 

If there are 542 records in your list, I think the easiest fix would be to increase the 'data row limit for non delegable queries' setting to the maximum permitted value of 2000. That should hopefully solve the problem for you.

image.png

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @radenkovic_rr ,

Do you face a Delegation warning issue with your LookUp formula?

Is the email column a Text type column in your SP List?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think you have faced a Delegation warning issue with your LookUp formula. Please consider tale a try with the following workaround:

Set the OnStart property of App to following:

Set(CurrentUserEmail, User().Email)

modify your LookUp formula as below:

LookUp('LIST - Authorization',email = CurrentUserEmail && 'Owning Organization'.Value=Dropdown1.Selected.Title, email)

then re-publish and re-load your app (fire the OnStart property of App), then check if the issue is solved.

In addition, please consider set the "Data rows limit for Non-delegable queries" option to maximum value -- 2000 within Advanced settings of App settings of your app, then re-publish your app, then check if the issue is fixed.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
DisappointmentB

Hello,

This could be because some users do not have an email address coming through for their account. You can check this by adding a label to the screen and setting its Text to the User().Email. Can you try that and then report back?

Regards

Ben

radenkovic_rr

Hello @DisappointmentB 

Thank you for the quick reply. I did try that already. For users where lookup is failing, email is coming through correctly.

DisappointmentB

OK maybe worth ensuring that everything is equal so use the Trim function on each side of the formula and force both into Upper Case with a Upper function. Would also be worth adding a label and adding the other side of the equation

Super User
Super User

Hi @radenkovic_rr 

If you're certain that the email/organisation combination exists in the 'LIST - Authorization' list for users that experience this problem, the cause is mostly likely because User().Email is not delegable. Do you see any blue squiggy lines in your Lookup formula? How many records do you have in your list?

To fix this type of delegation problem, you can define a variable in the OnStart property of your app..

Set(varUserEmail, User().Email)

You can then modify your formula to use this variable like so..

LookUp('LIST - Authorization',
       email=varUserEmail && 'Owning Organization'.Value=Dropdown1.Selected.Title,
       email
)
radenkovic_rr

@DisappointmentB 

Thank you for the quick reply. I tried this, but it unfortunately did not fix the issue for the users who have it.

@timl 

Thank you for the reply. I do see the double blue line in Lookup formula and hover-over text is showing "Delegation warning". There are 542 records in the list.

I tried the solution you mentioned, but the formula doesn't work at all now. Is there some other change I need to do also?

Super User
Super User

Hi @radenkovic_rr 

If there are 542 records in your list, I think the easiest fix would be to increase the 'data row limit for non delegable queries' setting to the maximum permitted value of 2000. That should hopefully solve the problem for you.

image.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @radenkovic_rr ,

Do you face a Delegation warning issue with your LookUp formula?

Is the email column a Text type column in your SP List?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think you have faced a Delegation warning issue with your LookUp formula. Please consider tale a try with the following workaround:

Set the OnStart property of App to following:

Set(CurrentUserEmail, User().Email)

modify your LookUp formula as below:

LookUp('LIST - Authorization',email = CurrentUserEmail && 'Owning Organization'.Value=Dropdown1.Selected.Title, email)

then re-publish and re-load your app (fire the OnStart property of App), then check if the issue is solved.

In addition, please consider set the "Data rows limit for Non-delegable queries" option to maximum value -- 2000 within Advanced settings of App settings of your app, then re-publish your app, then check if the issue is fixed.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

radenkovic_rr

Hello @timl and @v-xida-msft 

Thank you for your replies. What did the trick was increasing the 'data row limit for non delegable queries' to 2000.

Thanks for the help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Platform 24

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,585)