cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
mc4
Frequent Visitor

LookUp field used to work, now gives internal error when connecting to data card.

I have been using this formula successfully to pull data from excel for over a month.  In the last week, it has suddenly stopped working.  The error seems to be in the DataCardValue1 field.  Has anyone had a similar issue or know of an update that might have broken this formula?  I've tried rebuilding the fields and re-importing the data to no effect.

 

mc4_0-1606233539234.png

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mc4
Frequent Visitor

My workaround for this was to use a Sharepoint list instead of an excel connection.  I created a Flow to update the list from the excel.  It's working now.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@mc4,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to populate the WELL_NAME field based on the PN field?

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario, do you mean the WELL_NAME field could not display the correct value ?

Actually, it has been an known issue for almost a month. For now, it displays when you preview the formula but the error will not make sense to your App.

I have a test on my side and the formula works well.19.png

As for the error message you provided, I think you could try the following steps.

  1. Refresh the data
  2. Remove the connection and re-connect it again.
  3. Modify your formula. Delete the "Well Name is" &.

If the above steps could not help you solve it, you could provide more details or choose to contact our support team.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ 

Hope it could help.

Best Regards,

Qi

 

Best Regards,
Qi
mc4
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, Qi.

 

I have tried refreshing and then deleting and reconnecting the data.  Unfortunately that did not work.  Nor did deleting the "Well Name is" &.  The formula in your example is exactly what I'm trying to do with no luck.  I even started a blank canvas to see if it was an issue with the existing app only, but I could not get the formula to work in there either.

 

What I'm trying to do is have the user enter the PropertyNumber (stored here as text) and then have Well Name populate automatically.  This will allow the user to double check that the PropertyNumber is correct.  However, when I link the formula to DataCardValue1 it pulls that vague error message.

 
 

Error Image 2.jpg

 

Like I said before, the was working before last week.  I hope this additional information helps to solve the issue.

mc4
Frequent Visitor

My workaround for this was to use a Sharepoint list instead of an excel connection.  I created a Flow to update the list from the excel.  It's working now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (3,971)