Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
efeewfew
Resolver I
Resolver I

Looking for a good way to save dynamic checklist information

Hello there!

I have a SharePoint list with questions for a checklist. The amount of questions is based on the project. The amount of questions is dynamic, so it can be different every time. 

I need to save the following for every questions;
-Ordernumber
-Suborder number
-Uniquenumber
-Vraag<number>Akkoord  (means if the question was true or false)
-Vraag<number>Memo    (they are able to type some text at each question, to explain why it's false, if needed)

I'm currently saving it on a way that I don't want. I created a SharePoint list and took 15 as the max amount of questions for now. 

efeewfew_2-1634971614599.png

So I literally created 30 columns to save the Vraag<number>Akkoord & Vraag<number>Memo for 15 questions max. When I have less questions, I just don't save that data and the columns will be empty.

Screenshot of the app so you might get an idea;

efeewfew_1-1634971156539.png

Any help is much appriciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @efeewfew ,

you create your json or csv scheme in order to show things dynamically. I try to give you an example.
I created a simple SharePoint list with two columns:

powercorner_0-1634991002586.png

And I created an simple form to create new SharePoint Items:

powercorner_1-1634991065645.png

The "Create Dataset" button creates our csv pattern:

Patch('Json Example';Defaults('Json Example');{Title:Title.Text;JSON:Concatenate(ID.Text;";";OrderNr.Text;";";TextInput1_2.Text;";";Q2_1.Text;";";Q2_2.Text;";";Q2_3.Text;";";Q2_4.Text;";";Q2_5.Text)})

And now we want to parse the data from the SharePoint Column back into the PowerApp. To do so I use the split function. On the picture below you can see two galleries. Gallery 1 shows you the direct output from the SharePoint. And I added a onselect which splits the "json/csv" into a collection "InfoTable". This collection is used in Gallery 2 to show the questions in detail. So it does not really make a difference how many questions you save in one SharePoint column because it is parsed dynamically.

powercorner_2-1634991309320.png

powercorner_3-1634991334271.png

powercorner_4-1634991355541.png

I hope this example helps you to understand how to work dynamically without adding additional columns in SharePoint.

With regards 

Kevin

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
powercorner
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hello @efeewfew ,

if you want to make things dynamically you should consider using a json schema or an csv schema to parse your data in one string. 

So you would need only one column in SharePoint.

I try to make an example:

You could save this string in the SharePoint Column:

1;23223;34343;Glas beschadigingen?;true;; 2;23224;34344;Coating beschadigingen glasregel?;true

So the pattern is that you separate your info by a semicolon ";" and separate two datasets by a double semicolon ";;" you can use the string operation "split" to extract the data in your powerapp. 

I hope I could help you a bit? If you need further assistance do not hesitate to msg me. 🙂

With regards

Kevin

Thank you for your answer @powercorner 

What do I need a csv or json schema for, if I got the sharepoint? I could just split it like how you explained it right?

Hello @efeewfew ,

you create your json or csv scheme in order to show things dynamically. I try to give you an example.
I created a simple SharePoint list with two columns:

powercorner_0-1634991002586.png

And I created an simple form to create new SharePoint Items:

powercorner_1-1634991065645.png

The "Create Dataset" button creates our csv pattern:

Patch('Json Example';Defaults('Json Example');{Title:Title.Text;JSON:Concatenate(ID.Text;";";OrderNr.Text;";";TextInput1_2.Text;";";Q2_1.Text;";";Q2_2.Text;";";Q2_3.Text;";";Q2_4.Text;";";Q2_5.Text)})

And now we want to parse the data from the SharePoint Column back into the PowerApp. To do so I use the split function. On the picture below you can see two galleries. Gallery 1 shows you the direct output from the SharePoint. And I added a onselect which splits the "json/csv" into a collection "InfoTable". This collection is used in Gallery 2 to show the questions in detail. So it does not really make a difference how many questions you save in one SharePoint column because it is parsed dynamically.

powercorner_2-1634991309320.png

powercorner_3-1634991334271.png

powercorner_4-1634991355541.png

I hope this example helps you to understand how to work dynamically without adding additional columns in SharePoint.

With regards 

Kevin

I think this will work great! I sadly only work on saturdays so I will let you know next week if I still got questions!

Thank you so much for taking the time to make a test program and explaining it like that!

Hey there @powercorner 

I've been trying to get it to work the way I want but I've ran into a problem. I've figured out how to load the gallery dynamically using json. 

efeewfew_0-1636712652220.png

With the toggles, I can make a question true/false. I am now saving it like this;

efeewfew_1-1636712812633.png

Formula;

Patch(
    ChecklistProgress;
    LookUp(ChecklistProgress; UniekNummer = gekozenOrder);
    {
        VraagAkkoord: Concat(vragenGallery.AllItems; Text(Toggle2_1.Value); ",")
    } 
);;

So I got the patching right, but I have no idea how I am going to load the questions back in with the true/false. I think I need to make a collection of the true/false in my database and split it on "," and then I somehow need to connect the first "true" or "false" to the first index/item of the gallery, second one to the second one, etc.

Got any idea on how I can accomplish this? 

silaman
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @efeewfew 

I know this is an old post.

But did you figure out how to refeed those values back into the checklist true falses when loading the list?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,238)