Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kiranjulakanti
Microsoft
Microsoft

Looking for an alternative SQL Server Connection, instead of sql authentication

Hi, 

We built a simple canvas app that has a dropdown on it which reads the values from Azure SQL. We have created a SQL Server Connection with Azure SQL Server name, database name along with username and password.

I am just thinking to get rid of providing my SQL username and password instead is there any other alternative using which my canvas app could talk to the Azure SQL seamless. Of course, I tried with Azure AD Integrated  option, but when I try accessing the the app url, it is throwing a sign in user which I dont think is the right way to do it. 

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kojisaiki
Microsoft
Microsoft

You should have any authentication as real users or any other users behalf of real users for application to access Azure SQL.

If you can create a new application user (like canvasapp@yourtenant.onmicrosoft.com), you can create a connection with the application user, and can share the connection to your consumers.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
kojisaiki
Microsoft
Microsoft

You should have any authentication as real users or any other users behalf of real users for application to access Azure SQL.

If you can create a new application user (like canvasapp@yourtenant.onmicrosoft.com), you can create a connection with the application user, and can share the connection to your consumers.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (42,272)