cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Lookup Column from another Site Collection

There are similar questions/answers to my question, but they are old. I'm hoping with how much SharePoint has grown that there are different solutions. My question is, I have two SharePoint Site collections, I want to have a lookup from Site collection A to Site collection B, and on Site Collection B be able to save the list item with the values from Site Collection A list. A few of the articles I've read is to use a content hub, but there could be limitations, so should I just build it in PowerApps and save the lookup into a text field on Site B or do I need to do the lookup from Site Collection B first?  The other option is to have it all in one site collection.

Site Collection A will be the source of record for the lookup fields, so if anything changes on A, it will reflect on B.

Hopefully I am making sense.

Thanks for any feedback, much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @kmw1130 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @kmw1130 ,

I would suggest the "build it in Power Apps" option. Shane Young @Shanescows recent put out a good video on recommended SharePoint field type to use with Power Apps. Lookup columns cause nothing but unwanted complexity unless you want your users to have drop-downs in SharePoint data sheet views. I have not used them for a long time.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted

Hi @kmw1130 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Yes, I am going to build it in PowerApps, I was thinking that would be the best, but just wanted to verify.  Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,697)