cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Suresh1409
Level: Powered On

Lookup Function Doubts

Hello Guys, 

I am struggling a little with the lookup function.

I have created 2 sharepoint lists(List A and List B). List A has 10 columns that needs to be filled and List B has 2 columns for comparison which has 500 items already entered.

Editable Form 1 was created using List A columns. I am trying to insert the lookup function in an Input Text Box in the form 1 and get an output in Label 1 after comparing it with List B, Column 2.

So, the Input Texbox value has to be compared with List B Column 1 and get the value of Column 2. But insert that data into Form1 which belongs to List A and update the item in List after saving.

Please could someone help me with the above. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Lookup Function Doubts

Hi @Suresh1409,

Could you please share a bit more about the Lookup function that you provided within the TextInput box of the Form1?

Do you want to get the corresponding Column 2 value in list B based on the TextInput box value (Compare it with the Column 1 value in List B and get corresponding Column 2 value) using Lookup function?

I suppose that you want to Compare the TextInput box value with the Column 1 value in List B and get corresponding Column 2 value, is it true?

If you want to Compare the TextInput box value with the Column 1 value in List B and get corresponding Column 2 value, please take a try with the following workaround:

Set the Text property of the Label1 control to following formula:

LookUp(ListB,Column1=DataCardValue2.Text,Column2)

Note: The DataCardValue2 represent the TextInput box that you mentioned.

More details about the Lookup function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

Lookup function

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Checkout this video from @Shanescows at PowerApps911. It covers how to create a SharePoint lookup column in a PowerApps form without using the lookup column type in SharePoint. I think this video is spot on for what you want to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43ekj5MlNJU

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Suresh1409,

Could you please share a bit more about the Lookup function that you provided within the TextInput box of the Form1?

Do you want to get the corresponding Column 2 value in list B based on the TextInput box value (Compare it with the Column 1 value in List B and get corresponding Column 2 value) using Lookup function?

I suppose that you want to Compare the TextInput box value with the Column 1 value in List B and get corresponding Column 2 value, is it true?

If you want to Compare the TextInput box value with the Column 1 value in List B and get corresponding Column 2 value, please take a try with the following workaround:

Set the Text property of the Label1 control to following formula:

LookUp(ListB,Column1=DataCardValue2.Text,Column2)

Note: The DataCardValue2 represent the TextInput box that you mentioned.

More details about the Lookup function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

Lookup function

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,638)