Helper V
Helper V

Lookup Function

Good afternoon,

I have a lookup function:

IsBlank(
            LookUp(
                TAREA;
                'TEAM MEMBER'.Value = Input_TeamMemberTarea.Selected.Value && FECHA = Input_FechaTarea.SelectedText.Value && SERVICIO.Value = Input_Servicio.Selected.Value
            )
        );

'TEAM MEMBER', 'FECHA' and 'SERVICIO' are columns in TAREA list
but I have an error:
error.PNG

It says that both values are in a different type.

can you help me solve that?

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

It only allows me to put:

FECHA = Input_FechaTarea.Selected.FECHA

Input_FechaTarea.Selected.FECHA returns a Date value. To use DateValue() it needs inside a Text value

Otherwise I can put:

FECHA = DateValue(Input_FechaTarea.SelectedText.Value)

Input_FechaTarea.SelectedText.Value returns a text value

but it returns the same error

Ok, so what is the error when you use ?

Is the error to do with this equation or is it something else.

Also, how are you making your dropdown dates? Can you show me the formula / items of the dropdown.

Date Error:

Date error.PNG

When I save:

ERRO.PNG

The dropdown items property:

Filter(CALENDARIO;SEMANA = Input_SemanaTarea.Selected.Result)

@JoseC12 so you are using another list - CALENDARIO - to create a list of Weeks (SEMANA)? Is Semana a text field? 

Basically, you need everything to be of type date (not text) - or- you need to convert to dates so that you have Date = Date, you cannot have Date = Looks like a Date.

Dates are a special data type. They are just numbers but in milliseconds from 1/1/1970 (I think this is the standard start date). So when comparing dates if you try to compare 02/03/2020 = 02/03/2020 their millisecond number MUST match and their data type MUST match otherwise you will get an error.

In your situation you may also be able to compare Text to Text eg '01/03/2020 - 08/03/2020' as a text value but I'm not sure because the CALENDARIO table seems to be pulling in text not dates.

Could you screenshot the CALENDARIO table as well as the Main data table you are sending data to as well as the field types.

@Eelman 

As I said I put the formula:

and 'Input_FechaTarea.Selected.FECHA' returns a Date value but the error still appearing.

About selecting weeks ('Semana') it accept normally because the column is in single text as you said Single text=Single text

But about the date, in the TASK list (where I want to save), is a Date&Time type. So I want to add a dropdown where I put all the dates from another list called CALENDARIO:
CALENDARIO COLUMNS.PNG

Calendario data.PNG

I tried to change, the date form into "dd/mm/yyyy"

change format.PNG

but I see it doesn't update, how can I fix it?

TASK LIST:

TAREA COLUMNS.PNG

Tarea data example:

TAREA DATA.PNG

@JoseC12 

I feel that this is the correct formula

When you put the above into your formula there appears to be another error happening? The original error (your first post) only had the error under the '=' whereas when you put in the above the entire formula gets a red line so I think there's something else causing this error not dates?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,744)