cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lookup column update on SharePoint List from Patch : Canvas App

Hi,

I want to insert Lookup column data coming from different SharePoint-List, (while I am inserting data to normal columns (without lookups) it is getting inserted for normal columns), but for Lookup column it is not happening. Please help with the syntax, thank you in advance !

Column: Territory (List: Notification; getting looked up from TerritoryCode(List): Territory)
Column: NotificationTo1 (List: ; getting looked up from Users(List): UserID)

Patch(
 Notification,{
NotificationTo1: VarFSLName10,
Territory: Varterritory 
})

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@NandanBrahma,

Based on the issue you mentioned, there is something wrong with your formula.

The formula seems that you want to update the ‘NotificationTo1’ & ‘Territory’ with ‘VarFSLNamel’ & ‘Varterritory‘. This formula will update all the value in ‘NotificationTo1’ & ‘Territory’ inside the Notification.

1. What is ‘VarFSLNamel’ & ‘Varterritory‘? Please post some screenshots.
  2. I assume that you want to update the Notification by pulling Lookup column data from ‘VarFSLNamel’ & ‘Varterritory‘ to ‘NotificationTo1’ & ‘Territory’.

Here is a standard formula you can refer to:

Patch( Notification,Defaults(Notification),{NotificationTo1: {Id: LookUp(‘Referenced List’, ReferencedColumn= “xxxx”, ID), Value : “xxxx”}})

Best Regards,

Qi Qiao

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@NandanBrahma,

Based on the issue you mentioned, there is something wrong with your formula.

The formula seems that you want to update the ‘NotificationTo1’ & ‘Territory’ with ‘VarFSLNamel’ & ‘Varterritory‘. This formula will update all the value in ‘NotificationTo1’ & ‘Territory’ inside the Notification.

1. What is ‘VarFSLNamel’ & ‘Varterritory‘? Please post some screenshots.
  2. I assume that you want to update the Notification by pulling Lookup column data from ‘VarFSLNamel’ & ‘Varterritory‘ to ‘NotificationTo1’ & ‘Territory’.

Here is a standard formula you can refer to:

Patch( Notification,Defaults(Notification),{NotificationTo1: {Id: LookUp(‘Referenced List’, ReferencedColumn= “xxxx”, ID), Value : “xxxx”}})

Best Regards,

Qi Qiao

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

PA Community Call

Power Apps Community Call

Next call is happening on April 21st at 8a PST.

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (58,342)