cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Datur
Frequent Visitor

Lookup combo box field too many decimals

Hi all.

In my powerapp i have a problem with a Choice combo box pointing to a lookup column in my sp list. 

The items property of the column is: 

Choices([@SPList].LookupColumn)

The value in Sharepoint is 60 but in PowerApps show: 60.0000000000000.

I use the value of this column to do another operation in another datacard and the result is not correct.

The first image shows the items property of the lookup column.

The second one shows the operations that i do in another DataCard. The result is 2958904109589,04150391.... but it should be 29,54.

ItemsPropertyLookupColumn.jpgOperations.jpg

I tried the fix by using, in the operation: Round(Value(Round((DataCardValue36.Text * DataCardValue28.Text /100) * (DataCardValue29.Selected.Value / 365);2)/100000000000);2). It solve the problem for powerapps, but if i add a new item in my sharepoint list, the decimal number is incorrect.

Hope that someone can help me, thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the response.

I saw the topic related to the same problem as mine but the number (60.00000000000) became 600.00000.00000 (something similar to that).

I find the solution by removing the choice combo box and insert, instead, a label with text property set to:

LookUp(SharepointListWhereLookupFieldPointTo; ID= ThisItem.ColumnThatDoTheLookup.Id; OriginalColumnWhereLookupColumnPointTo)

Thanks anyway for the reply.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-tiribe
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @Datur ,

You may need to use the Text function in order to limit the number of decimals you see on Power Apps side.

Please check below documentation and see if you can adapt to your logic:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-text#number

Below you may find a related Community thread where the situation was also reported:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/How-to-remove-decimal-in-lookup-field-in-Pow... 

Best regards,

Tiago Ribeiro | Power Platform Support Engineer

Thanks for the response.

I saw the topic related to the same problem as mine but the number (60.00000000000) became 600.00000.00000 (something similar to that).

I find the solution by removing the choice combo box and insert, instead, a label with text property set to:

LookUp(SharepointListWhereLookupFieldPointTo; ID= ThisItem.ColumnThatDoTheLookup.Id; OriginalColumnWhereLookupColumnPointTo)

Thanks anyway for the reply.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,569)