cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
empecollins
Level: Powered On

Lookup control not able to scroll to additional items

I have a Lookup control to a SharePoint list.  The control creates a dropdown control in my app.  When I edit the form the dropdown or lookup control displays the first 6 items for me to choose.  In my mobile device, it will not let me scroll that list to the additional 4 items in the list to be able to select them.  How can I get a dropdown list to scroll on a mobile device?  Maybe something simple that I am missing.  I am currently viewing it on an android device.

dropdown.PNG

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
nickduxfield
Level 8

Re: Lookup control not able to scroll to additional items

Change the control to from a Combo Box to a Dropdown. I think thats the issue

empecollins

Thanks for the suggestion.  I added a Drop Down control.  I am not seeing anywhere I can bind it to my data source.  I am not even sure where it gets the 1, 2, 3 for the drop down values for me to override them.  I do want it to bind to a data source where it gets the values from the list, as the source list may change from time to time.  Not sure if there is a way to convert an existing combo box to a drop down list and retain the data source.  If you have a reference that would be great.

empecollins

I was able to add the item as combo box that did pull from the data.  It wouldn't update the application field anymore, so I reverted back to a previous version. I picked Edit List when I added the data field, but it wouldn't save back to the tracking list.  Reverting got me back to the state where I can at least save the visible options, but still without scrolling ability.  Also the list options for combo box also would not scroll.  It works in the browser developer app, just not on the device.

bdodu
Level 8

Is it an option to change the dropdown control with a composed control from a textbox and a gallery (which is shown only when you press the down arrow) ??

This way you have a greater control on scrolling as the gallery supports much more customization than a dropdown. 

Something like this:
dropdown.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,101)