cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Lookup displayed as "No Name" in Model Driven App

Hi,

I am looking up a record using Lookup in a model driven app. The selection list displays properly, but when I select a record, it's displayed as "No Name" (see image). What am I missing? I've properly configured my lookup views and lookup search fields with no issues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Lookup displayed as "No Name" in Model Driven App

Hi @karimabdelrazek ,

Regarding the needs that you mentioned, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs. In default, the LookUp field in a Model-Driven app use the Primary Field column value as display value within the LookUp field Dropdown box.

Currently, there is no direct way to change the display value within the LookUp field in a Model-Driven app. Please check the following article for more details:

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/microsoft-dynamics-crm-forum/261061/change-look-up-displayed-va...

On your side, please consider populate proper value within the Primary Name field in your related Entity, then the LookUp field Dropdown box would be populated with proper value.

You could also consider customize the Display column value of the Entity using JavaScript, please refer to the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/archive/blogs/paf/how-to-display-related-entity-field-in-a-crm-look...

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @karimabdelrazek ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you mean that the LookUp field options list displays properly, but the selected option could not be displayed correctly in this field?

Have you tried to select other option in this LookUp field Dropdown box? Same issue?

Regarding the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:

4.JPG

When you select an option from a LookUp field in a Model-Driven app, the Primary Name field value of the selected LookUp field option (record value) would be displayed in the Dropdown box. So please check if the Primary Name field value of the selected LookUp field option is not Blank in the Related Entity (this LookUp field reference values from).

If the issue still exists, please consider edit the corresponding Entity form (used in your Model-Driven app) in your CDS, then remove the LookUp field, then save and publish the Entity form. Then edit the Entity form again, enable the LookUp field, save and re-publish, run your Model-Driven app, check if the issue is solved.

Also please make sure you have tied proper Entity form in your Model-Driven app. You could also consider create a new custom Entity form in your CDS Entity, then edit your Model-Driven app, bind the "Entity Form" part to your new created Entity form only, then check if the issue is fixed.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

@v-xida-msft . Thank you for your reply. Can you please explain what you meant by "Have you tried to select other option in this LookUp field Dropdown box?"

Regarding use of the primary field. The data I wish to display is not in my PrimaryField. The PrimaryField is actually blank. Is there a way to point the Lookup to another field like in Canvasapps?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @karimabdelrazek ,

Regarding the needs that you mentioned, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs. In default, the LookUp field in a Model-Driven app use the Primary Field column value as display value within the LookUp field Dropdown box.

Currently, there is no direct way to change the display value within the LookUp field in a Model-Driven app. Please check the following article for more details:

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/microsoft-dynamics-crm-forum/261061/change-look-up-displayed-va...

On your side, please consider populate proper value within the Primary Name field in your related Entity, then the LookUp field Dropdown box would be populated with proper value.

You could also consider customize the Display column value of the Entity using JavaScript, please refer to the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/archive/blogs/paf/how-to-display-related-entity-field-in-a-crm-look...

Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,251)