cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NBMS_2019
Helper II
Helper II

Lookup field only showing results by last name

I have a SharePoint list look-up field which is working and listing people but it is only showing the results using their surname. How can I change it to show results using their first name as well? 

For example, if I type "DOE"

it will only show

DOE, John

DOE, Joe 

but not

Leslie, DOE

I want to show all of them in the option.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
jcfDaniel
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi,

Can you share your code and other details that may be relevant, like if you are referring to a gallery and doing searches on it? Anything that will help to get a better sense of what is going on.

theapurva
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

You might be using Startswith for filter,
try using Search() function instead

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

There are no code changes in this look-up field. All functionalities are out of the box. I created the lookup field in Sharepoint. Before "opening" the form in Power App , it is possible to search by typing DOE then the options will list people with Doe as last name AND first name.

After publishing the form from Power App, the search is not listing people with first name DOE.

doe.jpg

jcfDaniel
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Here's an example of a search in a gallery

Search (Source, TextInput.Text, "column1", "column2" )

Not sure this is what you are looking for...

It is an employee lookup field, type Person or Group. Try creating a SharePoint list with a lookup field, test it then once you open the form in Power Apps then publish it, it breaks the functionality.

doex.jpg this might help

NBMS_2019
Helper II
Helper II

Somehow,  I need the DisplayName to show

Doe, Jihn

Doet, Jane

ManDoeman, Kathy

Loop, Doe

all names with Doe whether it is a first or last name

doexXX.jpg

NBMS_2019
Helper II
Helper II

I think it is a bug,

when searching for Joseph or David, it will show everyone in the company with Joseph as first and last name but when searching for Joshua or Norman, it will show only people with last name Joshua or Norman

Found out if the first name is part of the email address then it will list the person.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (2,332)