cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Azbo6587
Frequent Visitor

Lookup fields blank on edit record

Hi everyone,

First Time post here - really hoping someone can help. I'm building a powerapp for a list called 'Stock Item Requisitions' that has an 'Item Number' field performing a lookup on a different Sharepoint List 'Item and Cost Test Lookup List' based on a column called 'Title' - the Item Number column's Item property is set to 'Item And Cost Test Lookup list'.Title. This feature works perfectly.

I have a lookup column Called 'Item Description' that will lookup the associated description of that item number. Originally I had an issue whereby when I submitted the form, if I went to Edit the record, the item number would be empty. I fixed this issue by setting the DefaultSelectedProperties to ForAll('Stock Items Requisition',{Value:ThisItem.'Item Number 1'}). This fixed this issue of my item number disappearing when I go to Edit the record. My issue is that the description field is blank when I edit the form. The Default property is set to LookUp('Item And Cost Test Lookup list', Title = ComboBox3.Selected.Title,DESCRIPTION).

How do I have the Item Description show when I go to Edit the record? If you take a look at the attachments 'Before Submit' and 'After Submit' you'll see my description column is blank. 

Any help you could provide would be really appreciated!

Thanks

Aaron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StalinPonnusamy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Azbo6587

Please set only DefaultSelectedItems to

LookUp('Item And Cost Test Lookup list', Title = ComboBox3.Selected.Title).DESCRIPTION

Example

LookUp('Issue tracker',ID=ThisItem.ID).Priority

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StalinPonnusamy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Azbo6587

Please set only DefaultSelectedItems to

LookUp('Item And Cost Test Lookup list', Title = ComboBox3.Selected.Title).DESCRIPTION

Example

LookUp('Issue tracker',ID=ThisItem.ID).Priority

View solution in original post

Hi there,

Thank you for the response but it's still not working. Do you mean edit the default field of the item description? If so, there's no option to update DefaultSelectedItems - is that not just for a combobox?. Any other ideas?

Thanks 🙂

Aaron

v-albai-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Azbo6587 ,
I need to collect some information from you:
1. What's the Items property of your 'Item Description' column?
2. How do you submit the form? Using SubmitForm function or Patch function?
3. After submitting, go to 'Stock Item Requisitions' list ,check if you can see the correct value in 'Item Description' column. If no, I think we need to re-check your submit process.
Best regards,
Allen

Hi Allen, Thanks for the response but I got it sorted! Appreciate you following up 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,259)