cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elsteshepardo
Helper I
Helper I

Lookup filter on a gallery that works both ways?

Hi,

I have an app that is collecting some task level information - I've created it using the repeating rows method (as per Shane Young collection method).

I have a number of fields capturing: Project stage / Deliverable / role / effort / time required / total effort

Project stage and Deliverable is based on a SP list where each Deliverable has a related Stage.

I have managed to get the Stage to default to the corresponding value (according to the SP list) when the Deliverable is selected.

What I would also like is that if the user selects the Project stage (instead) then this only shows the corresponding Deliverable. So each dropdown is based on the other as it were.

So far:

InputDeliverable is a dropdown with Items equal to 'Impact Assessment_Deliverables'

InputStage is a dropdown with Items equal to Distinct('Impact Assessment_Deliverables','Project Stage')

and the Default is set to InputDeliverable.Selected.'Project Stage'

I've tried to filter the InputDeliverable but can't get it to work

I am also struggling with the Total effort column - which is just a calculation Effort * Time required. I have got a Text Label which I have to calculate this, but it doesn't populate until I do the collection patch - and then it's too late for the patch to have a value!

Is there a better way of a)collecting the calculation and b) patching it to the collection?

Patch(DeliverableCollect, ThisItem, {Deliverable: InputDeliverable.Selected.Title, Phase: InputDeliverable.Selected.'Project Stage', Role: InputRole.Selected.Title, WTE: Value(InputWTE.Text), Weeks: Value(InputWeeks.Text), Effort: Value(LabelTotalEffort.Text) }) ; If(EditPressed, false, Collect(DeliverableCollect, {Phase: "", Deliverable: ""  , Role: "", WTE: 0, Weeks: 0, Effort: 0, Showsavebutton: true}));UpdateContext({EditPressed:false})

Many thanks!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,134)