Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simms7400
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Lookup formula in a Combo box?

Hi Folks -

I have a form that is used for both change requests and new requests for data elements for our Master Data Management System.   I need to add a ComboBox to the form instead of converting an existing field to a dropdown as there are quite a few values so the end user needs to be able to search.

The ComboBox's data source a list of "Indications" called "RD_Indication_List" on SP.

My question is, can the ComboBox be inclusive of a Lookup formula?

For instance, if an end user is submitting a change request, it means the  "Project Code" field (DataCardValue43.Text)  is populated with a data element and existing in a SP list ("rdInvesments") and also is mapped to an indication using a column "IND_DESC".   THerefore, I want to prepopulate the box with the current mapping, but still allow the end user to make a new selection if need be.

However, when I try to use this formula, it fails:

LookUp(rdInvestments, InvestmentId=DataCardValue43.Text, IND_DESC)

c1.png

Here is the layout of the "rdInvestments" table:

combo2222.png

20 REPLIES 20

@RandyHayes 

***Cries in jubilation***

Thank you so much , Randy that was the ticket!!! Works like an absolute charm now. The end users are going to love the fact they can show search for the value instead of scroll through a list of 100+ elements.

Thank you again and have a great week!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (999)