cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookup function help

I have a gallery for all the pending approvals, i want to display all the information from another table that is related to that item. ApprovalFor column on my list1 is equal to Document_Number in my list2. I am using LookUp('Released Document Library', 'Document Number' = Gallery1.Selected.ApprovalFor) on a form display but it doesnt seem to work.

5 REPLIES 5
h-nagao
Level 10

Re: Lookup function help

Hello,
How do you set Data source property and item property of form control?

Hello @h-nagao , I selected the data source thru dropdown on the form properties and I also use "LookUp('Released Document Library', 'Document Number' = Gallery1.Selected.ApprovalFor)" on the item property. 

My expectation is that, whenever I selected an item on my Approval gallery and click on view details, it will navigate to the DisplayForm and fetch the data result based on the lookup function that i have. However, it returns 0 result.

h-nagao
Level 10

Thank you for explaining your setup.
I suppose datasource of form is ‘Released Document Library', and each IDs are string/number type field, is that correct?

To make sure, could you tell me a type of datasource, SPO, SQL, excel table etc...

Hi @h-nagao - the datasource is SPO. Approval is a list and the other is a document library. The document IDs used for both sources are string type.

Surya_PH
Level: Powered On

Hello @karl_oliverio ,

Try to set a variable and assign the ApprovalFor value to that variable during On Select function in Gallery1.

Use that variable in your future references anywhere.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,083)